Concerning container ships coming from ports of the East Coast of America heading to South East Asian ports
* The Suez Canal Authority has decided the following: -
a) Container ships coming from Port of New York and its southern ports heading to South East Asian ports (Port of Port Kelang and its eastern ports) shall be granted a reduction of 30% (thirty percent) of the Suez Canal normal tolls.
Conditions of applying the Circular : -
- Any company wishing to benefit from this circular has to submit a request before sailing through its shipping agency according to the attached form.
- The vessel must not call any port in between aforementioned two areas provided that vessel’s operator must forward a formal declaration about that.
- Submitting a certificate from the last port of origin stating the date of sailing and a certificate from the first port of arrival stating date of arrival within sixty days from the date of Canal transit.
- A statement submitted by vessel's agency undertaking to pay the granted reduction in case of calling in between the aforementioned two areas, or failing to submit the documents during the period stated above.
Circular No 3/2015 and its amendments are to be cancelled
This circular takes effect for vessels sailing from port of origin as of March 7, 2016 as an experimental period, for 90 Days (ends on June 5, 2016) to be renewed.
To see Circular Press here
To see Circular Application Form Press here
Director of Transit Department
( Eng . Ahmed Shawky Mostafa )