container ships coming from ports of the East Coast of America heading to South
and South East Asian ports.
To meet the desire of ship's owners and operators using the Suez Canal and to encourage
more ships to transit the Suez Canal, the Suez Canal Authority has decided the following
- Container ships coming from port of Norfolk and its northern
ports heading to the ports of ( Port Kelang and its eastern Ports) shall be granted
a reduction of 45% of the Suez Canal normal tolls(*)
- Container ships coming from ports south of port of Norfolk
heading to : (*)
- Ports of Port Kelang and its eastern ports shall be granted
reduction of 65% of the Suez Canal normal tolls.
- Ports of Colombo and its eastern ports located just up
to port of "Port Kelang" shall be granted reduction of 55% of Suez Canal normal
Conditions of applying the Circular :
- Any company wishing to benefit from this circular has
to submit a request before sailing through its shipping agency according to the
attached form .
- The ship must not call any port in between port of origin
and port of destination for commercial purposes provided that ship's operator must
forward a formal declaration about that
- In case of calling at in between ports for non- commercial
purposes, the authorities of these ports have to submit a certificate to the SCA,
stating the reasons of calling
- Submitting a certificate from the last port of origin
stating the date of sailing and a certificate from the first port of arrival stating
date of arrival within sixty days from the date of Canal transit
- A statement submitted by ship's agency undertaking to
pay the granted reduction in case of calling in between ports for commercial purposes,
or failing to submit the documents during the period stated above .
Circular No 1/2016 shall be cancelled .
This circular takes affect as for vessels sailing from port of origin as of June
6,2016 as an experimental period, for 90 Days ( ends on Sept.3,2016 )to be renewed (*)
To see Circular Press here
To see Circular Application Form
Director of Transit Department
( Eng . Ahmed Shawky Mostafa )